Friday, November 28, 2008

Buenos Aires, Argentina - Day 5

Today I ordered food in a restaurant without using any English! Ok so I cheated and found a Chinese restaurant in the very small Chinatown in Buenos Aires. It looked more like a tourist attraction with stores selling little collectables and jewelry, and a couple grocery stores populated by more locals than Chinese. I found some delicious meat buns at the grocery store that helped to satisfy my Chinese food craving and I ate a whole tray of 9 of them. Then I walked around a bit before settling into a Chinese restaurant and ordered fried wontons, beef with mushroom and vegetables, and mapo tofu. Each dish by itself could probably feed one hungry normal person or two slightly hungry people. I ate almost all of it and had to sit there in pain for 30 min pretending to read my guidebook before I could muster the intestinal fortitude to extract myself from my chair.

I also checked out the Recoleta Cemetery where Evita and other Buenos Aires elite have mausoleums and the nearby National Museum of Art.

Buenos Aires, Aregentina - Day 5

No comments: