Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sihanoukville, Cambodia - Day 5

I took a cooking class the day before and I enjoyed it so much that I decided to come back for a second day. I liked it because it was a true cooking class where we had to prepare our own ingredients and not merely a cooking demonstration or a class where all the ingredients are already prepped. The instructor was also very friendly, informative, and spoke English well. For the second day, I asked to make some traditional Cambodian dishes like nam pah jook and caw. She was a bit surprised that I knew about these dishes as they aren’t the ones that are westernized and served at the local restaurants but more of the home cooking, but she readily agreed. We didn’t have the glossy laminated recipe cards that accompanied all of the other regular dishes, but it was much more interesting as it felt like a more authentic cooking experience as she taught me how to make the dish that she had for dinner the night before.

Sihanoukville, Cambodia - Day 5

No comments: